Kindle Won't Charge: How to Fix Kindle that Won't Charge
If you are looking for a guide on fixing a kindle that won't charge. Kindle series of tablets are a great deal for kids and heavy readers. Despite continuous efforts made by amazon to uphold this magic tablet, it suffers from various charging issues.
Kindle charging issues are nothing new, and this turmoil your mind in real-time. People usually encounter a problem with their Kindle’s battery life, charging time, charging port, and so on.
This article will explain how to handle the situation when your “kindle fire won’t charge.” Before you start, ensure that:
- You are utilizing the original power connector and micro-USB cable.
- You are charging your gadget from an electrical plug. Charging from a USB port associated with a PC will expand charging time. It may take your kindle forever to charge but failed at last.
- The micro-USB cable is well connected to the power adaptor and your Kindle device.
- You are not putting your Kindle Fire tablet on charge in extremely hot or freezing conditions.
- After checking all these points, proceed to do the following:
- Unplug the power connector and micro-USB cable from your gadget, and attach them to back to your kindle.
- Put the power adaptor into the power outlet socket.
- If your Kindle doesn’t show on-going charging status, unplug the power connector.
- Press and hold the Power button on your kindle for 40 seconds at least.
- Or wait until your device restarts.
- If your kindle restarts before 40 seconds have passed, release the pressed Power button.
- On the off chance if your device does not restart; press the Power button manually to turn it on.
- Once your device is rebooted, attach the micro-USB cable and power adaptor to it.
- Plugin the power adaptor to the power outlet.
- Let your device charge for at least 60 minutes without any interference(usage)
Your Kindle will be starting charging from here now. The battery indicator will show a lightning symbol. The lightening indicator reflects the charging battery.
If this doesn’t work; A hard kindle reset will be good option to bet upon. You can give it a try to factory reset your kindle device.
Although, it is considered a harsh step, but it widens your hopes to get back your device in working condition.
Kindle Stuck When Charging
When charging may occasionally encounter Kindle stuck on empty battery screen or Kindle stuck on charging screen.
How to fix it: You can plug out and in or press and release the power button. If that useless you also can Restart Kindle.
Kindle Battery Too Low To Power On
Frequently using or lack of use results in Kindle battery too low to power on. Display very low battery information or power is empty also causes Kindle not open. And you must charge Kindle a few hours then later you can open it.
How to fix it: Long press power button 30 seconds then release and plug in a computer or a charger immediately. Leave it alone and a few hours later you will discover Kindle is charging again. When Kindle has enough power it will restart. And you can allow it to charge full power.
If one trial is useless, you must try it several times. Lots of users feedback to us that they succeeded after trying three or four times.
How to Reset a Kindle Fire Back to Factory Settings?
Decide to Reset your Kindle as if that’s the only option left with you for any good reason. To reset Kindle fire, do the following:
- Click on the main “Menu” button
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “Device Options”
- Tap on “Reset to Factory Defaults”
- Again click on “Reset” button.
- The device re-setting process will start and will de-register your connected Amazon account from your Kindle Fire device.
Reset Kindle to Factory Default
Another method of powering your kindle that won't charge. In Kindle setting options, enter device information option, then you can see reset device option. Select it your Kindle will be reset.
Please mention this operation will change your Kindle to be brand new. After resetting Kindle, you will lose saved files of your device. And you must have to re-download previous apps, books or personality customization. Register your Amazon account and your books still be there.
Final Thoughts on Kindle won't charge
If Kindle not charging, please figure out which reasons lead to this. And you can try above methods. Perhaps you have better-solving ways then leave comments to benefit more users.